Our “Ten-Eyck Room,” a large, carpeted meeting space is located on the second floor of the Nevin Welcome Center. With huge windows at one end and a large glass wall at the other, this multipurpose room feels both intimate and spacious at the same time. There are doors leading directly outside to a green lawn, onto which events can spill over, if more area is needed.
The room is furnished with tables (22” x 48”) and chairs with wheels, so moving and arranging them in all sorts of ways is easy. A podium equipped with a microphone and laptop is connected to an overhead projector, which displays on to a large screen. This space is accessible by stairs or an ADA-compliant elevator.
For standing receptions or lecture-style seating, we recommend no more than 60 to 70 people in the room.
For dinners and seated events, 40 to 60 people is a comfortable maximum capacity, depending on the type of event and the needs of the caterer.
$400 flat fee for Cornell departments.
$600 flat fee for groups external to Cornell.
For Cornell Student Groups: $50 per hour from the start (set up) of the event until the end (clean up) OR the Cornell department fee, whichever is less.
Things to Note
- We prefer that most events happen between the hours of 8am and 10pm (with caterers arriving absolutely no earlier than 7:30am and leaving no later than midnight). Special accommodations can be made when necessary.
- We encourage groups using personal laptops to bring their devices fully charged as the Ten-Eyck Room has limited electrical outlets.
- We have a laptop at our podium for our guests’ use, however everyone is also welcome to bring their own equipment. The podium has VGA and HDMI connections.
- We do not have laser pointers, so if you’re needing this, please bring your own.
- We do not have connector cords for Mac devices, so please bring one with you.
- At the event’s end, we kindly ask that all caterers/event coordinators remove as much trash, food, supplies, etc. as possible from the room as we have very limited garbage/recycling removal services.
- The room’s air flow is carefully monitored; however, please note that it may sometimes be too cold for some people. We suggest that our visitors using the room bring sweaters, jackets or other appropriate clothing in case they feel cold.
- It is not possible to remove all of the tables from the room, so that the event may bring in their own tables. Tables may be arranged in all sorts of configurations, but they stay in the room.