- Please email our rental coordinator to ask questions, discuss your tentative plans and check on availability. A tentative two week hold will be placed on your requested date while you complete the remaining reservation requirements.
- When you’re ready, please submit our Rental Request Form. Upon receipt of your completed form, the rental coordinator will contact you via email with any questions and to let you know if the request has been approved. At that time, you will discuss payment options. Rental fees are payable via cash, credit card, departmental account number, or check.
- Most events will also require a completion of Cornell’s Event Registration Form, managed by Cornell’s Department of Risk Management & Insurance. You’ll find a lot information about Cornell’s event policies from Cornell’s Event Registration Form page.
- If your event is private (non-Cornell), the University typically requires (depending on your event type) that you have liability insurance for event registration approval. This will be an added cost if you do not already carry such insurance. Click here for more information.
Please note: Reservations are not considered firm until the above requirements are complete, at which point you will receive an e-mail confirmation of your reservation.
Cancellations and Refunds
- Approval of your event on the Event Registration form may take some time. If your event does not get final University approval, you will receive a full refund.
- If Cornell Botanic Gardens has to cancel your event, for any reason, you will receive a full refund.
- Events cancelled by you within 4 weeks of the scheduled date will receive a 50% refund, or can be rescheduled for another available time.
- Refunds are unavailable for events cancelled by you less than 4 weeks before the scheduled date. However, the event can be rescheduled for another available time.
- To receive a refund of a payment submitted by check, you must file an IRS W-9 taxpayer ID form with Cornell University.