At Cornell Botanic Gardens, we’re pleased to make our grounds, trails, and outdoor spaces available to the public during the COVID-19 crisis.
With your help, we can keep our grounds open.
In accordance with New York State mandate and Cornell University regulations:
- People who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear masks outside.
- People who are not fully vaccinated are required to maintain at least a 6′ distance from others and wear a face covering when it is not feasible to maintain the physical distance requirement.
- All visitors are required to wear a face covering within a Cornell University building.
Other important information for visitors:
- Any use of university-owned (indoor or outdoor) property for filming or photography must receive prior approval in writing from University Relations by submitting a request using this form. Read full policy here.
- Take away your trash
- Groups larger than 10 are not permitted to gather at Cornell Botanic Gardens’ F.R. Newman Arboretum, gardens around Nevin Welcome Center, and natural areas
- Portable restrooms are available near the Nevin Welcome Center and within the arboretum.
- The Nevin Welcome Center is closed until further notice
Visit our Visitor Guidelines page for additional rules of etiquette.
Visit Cornell’s coronavirus webpage for ongoing updates.
Articles, videos, activities, and other online resources to stay connected with our gardens and natural areas.
Use this interactive map to locate our gardens, natural areas, waterfalls, parking, outdoor art, and more.