To ensure the health of our plant collections, and for the enjoyment of all our visitors, please:
- Carry litter out with you.
- Keep all dogs on leashes and clean up after them.
Please refrain from:
- Picking flowers, plants, fruits, and vegetables.
- Outdoor fires and grilling.
- Organized athletic games.
- Climbing on trees or sculptures.
- Fishing in the ponds within the F. R. Newman Arboretum.
COVID-19 Visitor Requirements
New York State mandate and Cornell University regulations require:
- Maintaining at least a 6-foot distance from others
- Wearing a face-covering when it is NOT feasible to maintain physical distancing measures
- A face covering or mask must be readily available on your person (e.g., worn around neck) when you are outdoors on university-owned property
- Visit alone or in small family groups of less than 10 people.
We welcome dogs and responsible dog owners at Cornell Botanic Gardens. Dogs are required to be on a leash at all times and you must clean up after them. Please keep them out of the garden beds. For your convenience, two dog waste stations are located in the F. R. Newman Arboretum.
Photography and Filming Policy
While outdoor spaces currently remain open with mask and distancing requirements, any use of university-owned (indoor or outdoor) property for filming or photography must receive prior approval in writing from University Relations by submitting a request using this form.
This requirement applies to Cornell Botanic Gardens, including F.R. Newman Arboretum, gardens around the Nevin Welcome Center, and natural areas, both on-campus and off-campus.
Mandatory guidelines for news, commercial, non-commercial and drone filming on campus can be found on the University Relations and Risk Management websites. Professional news organizations and working journalists are asked to contact the Media Relations team.