Thank you for your interest in participating in Cornell University’s deer management program. New and returning hunters must reapply each season.
Steps in the Application Process
- On the “Apply Now” page read the rules, regulations, news, and updates.
- At the bottom of the Apply Now page, click “Apply Here.”
- Register through the new website for an account and confirm your registration via the confirmation email and link.
- Log in by entering your email address and clicking on the link sent your email
- Hunters must pass an on-line test to demonstrate that they have read and understand program rules, regulations, and expectations. The test is not designed to be difficult and there are no trick questions, but please read the rules and regulations carefully. Applicants are given three attempts to pass the test.
- Complete your profile and agree to program terms and conditions (including a background check). Please note: Applicants need a valid, unique email address and hunting license in order to complete the application.
- This completes your permit application. You will receive an email confirming when your application has been approved. The application process generally takes 1-2 weeks from the time we receive the request. Please note: All applicants must agree to and pass a screening via a Cornell Police background check.
Once your application is approved, you must print and sign your program permit before you will be able to make reservations. You will no longer need to make a password to access your account. A confirmation email will get you into the system. You will be required to use this system to reserve the location, days and times you plan to hunt, as well as to report your hunting activity and harvest.
Read rules, regulations, and updates then take a short test to start the application process.
Managing the deer population is essential to maintaining or improving forest health.