The Garden Ambassadors is a pilot LxL team dedicated to outreach, engagement, and informal education. This semester in particular, Garden Ambassadors will have numerous opportunities to gain problem-solving and leadership skills as they deliver programming while working with the challenges posed by Covid-19.
Eligibility and Qualifications
- Must be a full time, undergraduate Cornell University student. Preference for first- and second-year students
- Both local and remote students are eligible
- All majors and fields of study are encouraged to apply
- Experience with or interest in engaging with diverse audiences of youth, student, and adult learners
- Experience with or interest in environmental communication and/or environmental teaching and engagement in an informal setting
- The Garden Ambassadors team is composed of a Staff Mentor (Kevin Moss), two Student Team Leads (Jeannie Yamazaki and Nola Rettenmaier) and Team Members
- For this application cycle, we are looking for 3-4 Team Members
- This position is unpaid. Hours may count towards volunteer hours for Cornell Tradition, APO, etc.
- After completing two semesters as a Team Member, you may be eligible to apply for Team Lead, a paid position.
- The position is 3-5 hours/week. Hours will consist of weekly team meetings, reflection and time spent outside of meetings working on projects.
- The commitment for this role is two semesters.
- Specific projects and tasks will be determined by the Garden Ambassadors Team, though possible projects include:
- Developing content for the Garden Stories project
- Maintaining and developing new installations for the Gratitude Project
- Developing materials for engagement and informal education (e.g. themed tours, virtual tours, scavenger hunts, digital content)
- Planning and executing virtual events
- Greeting and assisting visitors in the Botanic Gardens
- Long-term planning for future tours and events
Check out other opportunities!
Learn the practice of and gain experience in plant propagation and cultivation for plant sales.
Our summer internship program provides an educational and work experience involving hands-on training that builds on classroom learning.