Suggested one-hour visits
- During summer, explore the Robison Herb Garden, Young Flower Garden, and Mullestein Winter Garden.
- During the summer, coordinate your visit with a free guided one-hour “highlights tour” of specialty gardens around the Nevin Welcome Center. Check out our upcoming events.
- Walk the paths around Houston and Grossman Ponds. Then, head up to Newman Overlook for a bird’s-eye view of the expansive arboretum. The view is especially stunning during the peak of fall color!
- Stroll the Zucker Shrub Collection and adjacent Treman Woodland Walk in the Arboretum.
- During winter, tour the Mullestein Winter Garden, then take a short hike to Kienzle Overlook to admire the gardens around the Nevin Welcome Center. Return to the garden via Conifer Slope to view a variety of evergreens.
- From the Arboretum, hike the Morgan-Smith Trail to Park Park Natural Area, then cross the road to access trails along Fall Creek on the return trip.
Suggested two-hour visits
- Visit the Mundy Wildflower Garden and follow trails through a variety of habitats along Fall Creek. Visit in early spring to delight in the abundance of wildflowers.
- Hike the trail around Beebe Lake and the short “spur” trail through Hemlock Gorge and then explore nearby Fall Creek Gorge.
- Experience a “gorges” display of rock, water, plants, and trees within Cascadilla Gorge. Starting from the Treman Triangle in downtown Ithaca, ascend the gorge stairs to Collegetown and return the way you came.